Support Worker - Community Health, Levin
Tatou te maua se avanoa manaia mo le aufaigaluega o le lagolago e faia se eseesega moni i olaga o a matou paaga ma o latou aiga.
We have a fantastic opportunity for support workers to make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their family.
Who we are
HealthCare NZ is the leading provider of community based Home support. HealthCare NZ, Community Health is committed to providing support, respect and dignity to all New Zealander's enabling them to have greater independence and quality of life in their own homes.
What is the role about?
As a Support Worker you be supporting a female Samoan client that requires assistance with personal cares in their own home. Due to the support needs of the individual the client requires support from a female support worker.
What skill will a Support Worker will need?
· Fluent in the Samoan language and have a good understanding of pacific family values
· Previous experience would be preferred but is not necessary as full training is provided
· Full driver's license and reliable transport
· Be very reliable and trustworthy
· Empathy for others, and the genuine desire to help people.
· Be able to complete satisfactory police check and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
What we will offer you:
· Variety of shifts, including weekends and evenings
· Competitive pay
· Ongoing support and training in all areas of care
· A friendly and supportive workplace
· Support to achieve levels 2 NZQA qualifications including paid time to complete these
So, if you are passionate about providing support and think you would like a career with HealthCare NZ, then we would like to hear from you!
To read a copy of our job description and apply - visit our website by pressing the Apply Now button.
Applications close Monday, 7 January 2019.