Senior Business Intelligence Specialist
· Develop leading edge Business intelligence solutions
· Solve Interesting, complex and large-scale business problems
· Combine technical knowledge with business acumen
Who we are
Vector is leading the transformation of the energy sector, to create a new energy future.
The energy industry is experiencing the biggest and most exciting transformation in 100 years. Our customers want smarter, more sustainable energy solutions, and we are stepping up to meet the challenge through world-class technology and innovation. We are looking for highly talented and motivated people to join our team and help make it happen.
About the role
The vision of the Information and Insights team is to “Bring radical change to the energy community by organising and making sense of NZ’s data”. This position is responsible for delivering Vector’s Information and Insights vision by leading and managing the implementation of multiple BI solutions as well as providing thought leadership and a focus on enabling the business through BI. This is a senior role in the team, so we want you to mentor and provide technical expertise to other BI Specialists. In addition, you would be responsible for overseeing multiple BI projects, ensuring they are delivered to a high standard.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a real passion for BI. You will have worked as a senior business intelligence professional, with experience working with business users to understand what the requirements are, and to then deliver business intelligence solutions utilising leading edge BI and Analytics technologies. Along with your related experience, the following capabilities will ensure success:
· Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
· Experience delivering multiple or large scale BI projects that enable business change or impact
· Excellent verbal and written communication, including experience with solution design and standards writing
· Able to quickly comprehend, analyse, define and describe complex business processes
· Experience with BI / Reporting tools such as SSAS, SSRS, Microsoft Power BI
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark
· Experience with Data Integration tools such as SSIS and WhereScape Red
· Strong data modelling skills
· Experience using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
What we can offer you
We take pride in our vision and values, working together to create a new energy future.
You'll be joining a dynamic company that provides the ideal career environment for individuals with high calibre experience and skills. You'll be offered a competitive salary, a range of great benefits, and the opportunity to grow your skills and make a real difference in a supportive, high-performing team.
Vector engages a workforce made up of individuals with diverse skills, values, backgrounds and experiences. Vector respects and values people who are different from each other, including gender, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, race and religion.
We welcome applications from all individuals. If you require assistance or accessibility support from us during the application and selection process, please do not hesitate to call us on 09 978 8367 or email email@example.com.