Parental Leave Cover – Fixed Term – 12 months, WELLINGTON
1. Database Analyst, 0.5 FTE – Family Violence Death Review Committee
2. Policy Analyst, 0.5 FTE – Family Violence Death Review Committee
Health Quality & Safety Commission
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is seeking to appoint two team players to support the work programme of Family Violence Death Review Committee (FVDRC).
The ideal candidates will understand the complexities of family violence and the impact of family violence has on families and in particular Māori communities. You will be supporting the development and maintenance of a sustainable, quality, family violence death review system for New Zealand, with an emphasis on partnership, co-operation, developing a strong evidence base and positive change likely to reduce family violence.
An ability to navigate confidently in both the Māori and non-Māori worlds and a confidence in te reo me ona tikanga, or a willingness to learn and build these skills, will be considered favourably.
Key focus areas of the database administrator role are:
· Ensure that relevant data and the findings of review processes are gathered and provided for aggregated analysis through well documented systems
· Maintain the integrity of the database by harnessing the expertise of the FVDRC, the Commission’s health quality intelligence team and other data specialists as required.
· Manage and facilitate timely data requests to stakeholders and relevant agencies to refine data quality
Key focus area for the policy analyst are:
· Contribute to family violence related policy and research work on behalf of the Commission and in partnership with the FVDRC
· Provide strategic advice to the Committee, the Commission Board, Ministers and key stakeholders
· Contribute to the development of system design and best practice through production of the FVDRC’s 6th Report
· Ensure best practice governance processes are supported, including the development of high-quality advice to support the FVDRC.
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is a Crown entity, established in November 2010, with a Board responsible to the Minister of Health. The Commission is responsible for assisting providers across the whole health and disability sector, both private and public, to improve service safety and quality and therefore outcomes for all who use these services in New Zealand. The Commission’s mortality review committees are empowered by statute to investigate certain classes of deaths and to make recommendations to reduce the number of these deaths.
Position descriptions and the application form for the role may be downloaded from our website: https://www.hqsc.govt.nz/about-us/our-people/vacancies/
For further information, please email Lisa Clyde on email@example.com
Applications close on 5pm Friday 22 February 2019