National Coordinator – Perinatal and Maternal Review Committee
Ngākau tuwhera | Open
Te tāpiri uara | Adding value
Whakahohe | Energising
Mō te iwi | It's about people
Kotahitanga | Together
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is seeking to appoint a National Coordinator to support the Perinatal and Maternal Review Committee (PMMRC) team and apply perinatal and maternal content expertise to ensure the development and maintenance of a sustainable, quality, perinatal and maternal mortality review system for New Zealand, with an emphasis on partnership, shared process, developing a strong evidence base and positive change outcomes likely to reduce harm to mothers and babies.
The ideal candidate will have an in depth understanding of maternity and the complexities of access to quality care for all families and communities, in particular Māori communities. Your ability to navigate confidently in both the Māori and non-Māori worlds and a confidence in te reo me ona tikanga, or a willingness to learn and build these skills, will be essential to your success in this role.
Key focus areas of the role are:
· Coordinating the collection of PMMRC data for national reporting
· Facilitating national and local case review to support PMMRC and working group case ascertainment processes
· Contributing to PMMRC meetings, events, PMMRC and working group appointments, relationships and communications
· Maintaining the integrity of the database by harnessing the expertise of the PMMRC, the Commission data experts and other data specialists as required
· Providing strategic advice to the Committee, the Commission Board, Ministers and key stakeholders
· Providing an in depth understanding of the perinatal and maternal review work, with a particular focus on the PMMRCs findings in the Committee’s reports. These can be found at: https://www.hqsc.govt.nz/our-programmes/mrc/pmmrc/
· Fully engaging partners in the development and ongoing improvement of processes and in implementing change as a result of learnings
· Ensuring that relevant data and the findings of review processes are gathered and provided for aggregated analysis through well documented systems
The successful applicant will make a major contribution in influencing the sector and making linkages between the strategic and operational space. Having expert knowledge of the maternity sector and being able to see things through a quality improvement lens is critical to the success of these roles, as is excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills. A midwifery qualification is essential.
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is a Crown entity with a board responsible to the Minister of Health. The Commission is responsible for assisting providers across the whole health and disability sector, both private and public, to improve health service safety and quality. Read more about our values.
The position description and the application form for the role may be downloaded from our website: http://www.hqsc.govt.nz/about-the-commission/our-people/vacancies. Applications close Monday, 20th May at 12.00pm.
If you wish to discuss this role further, please contact Maree Meehan-Berge on 027 555 8894.