Hello, I’m Katie. I’m 21 years old and currently in my final few weeks at Massey University in Wellington. I studied a Bachelor of Communications, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Media Studies.
I am currently looking for work in the media and communications industry for 2019. I am hoping to gain more experience and of course work in an industry I have always been passionate about. During high school at Mount Aspiring College, i interned as a part-time journalist for my local newspaper, Wanaka Sun. Over this time, I was able to get 11 articles published, including one feature article I had worked on solo for 3 months. The internship gave me a huge insight into the media industry and secured my future dream of working in media.
When realising I wanted a career in media, I decided to move to Wellington to sit a Bachelor’s degree at Massey. Going to university and studying a degree specifically in media, has enabled me to further my skills to an academic level. 3 years later, I have the gained more drive to head into the industry in 2019 as well as carrying fresh graduate skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor of Communications Graduate, majoring in PR and minoring in Media Studies
- Previous Journalism experience and knowledge
- Writing and editing skills
- Computer and design skills; Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft applications
- Design and photography skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and confident telephone
- 6-years’ customer service experience and customer relation skills
- I enjoy being part of a team but I am able and confident to work efficiently alone.
- Well presented
- Reliable and hard-working
- Full NZ driver with clean licence
I would be extremely grateful if you were able to consider me for a potential future role within your company to further my skills and experience in the industry.