Health Shuttle Driver - Volunteer - Pukekohe
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for volunteer Health Shuttle drivers in the Pukekohe area.
Making over 50,000 trips per year getting people to health-related appointments, our Health Shuttle service is often used by older people who no longer drive, by people who are too unwell to drive and those who cannot physically access other transport options.
Driving a St John Shuttle vehicle, you will be responsible for ensuring clients safely reach their appointments on time. This volunteer role is highly customer focussed and whilst some clients may be physically able, others may need assistance. Therefore, in addition to having a sensitivity toward those who are unwell, being physically fit is also important in this role. There will be some admin tasks such as maintaining a vehicle log, and ensuring the vehicle is clean and fuelled.
What does it take to be a Health Shuttle volunteer?
No prior experience is required, however there are of course some essential requirements:
· Hold a full drivers licence and a clean driving history (vehicle may be a manual shift gear)
· Have a clean police record
· Ability to commit to one shift rostered per week or fortnight
· Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
· Be supportive, empathetic and caring
· Be physically able (a medical check prior to start is required)
· Have an appreciation of different cultures
· Able to uphold and display our core values (We do the right thing, side by side, we work to make it better, open minds, and straight up)
In return, we will provide relevant training (including First Aid Level 1), a uniform, ongoing support, and St John membership (which gives free ambulance service for immediate family).
If you are motivated to make a difference in your community, we want to hear from you!
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Haramai ngā tai o te āniwaniwa, he kāhui rangatira tēnei, he kāhui whakamana tāngata whaimahi, e te iti, e te rahi e
To apply, please visit our website via this link: https://join.stjohn.org.nz/jobdetails?ajid=lixp9