Executive Assistant - Canterbury
Our Purpose: What We're Here For
The Canterbury District Health Board systematically plan, fund and deliver care to almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. The Canterbury Health System is a world leader in the delivery of integrated health care. Our main focus is placing people (staff and patients alike) at the centre of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
The Role: What This Opportunity's All About
We are looking for our next Executive Assistant to work alongside our Executive Director of Nursing and our Executive Director Māori and Pacific Health in a full-time, permanent position.
You will be enthusiastic, have a professional approach and enjoy working under pressure in a fast paced environment. Having an oversight across all projects led by our Executive Director of Nursing and Executive Director Māori and Pacific Health means there's a lot of potential for you to contribute to the transformation happening across our organisation.
· Experience working with professionals at an executive level
· Ability to adapt and change focus under pressure in a fast paced office
· Strong relationship building skills and a personable demeanor in communications
· Knowledge and correct use of te reo Māori and tikanga Māori would be advantageous
· Pride yourself on your confidentiality and professionalism
· Extremely high attention to detail
· Manage constant conflicting priorities
· Proactive stakeholder relationship management
· Act and communicate on behalf of the Executive Director of Nursing and Executive Director Māori and Pacific Health
· Actively manage future milestones
· Plan and manage events, workshops and meetings including minute taking where required
As a self-aware individual you will bring with you your excellent communication skills combined with equally impressive time management abilities and a natural aptitude to influence and negotiate.
You will be a problem solver, and will be capable of performing and maintaining a positive attitude under occasional periods of pressure. You will have the skills to make a dynamic fast paced role look easy, whilst at the same time providing you with the challenges of this key position within the Canterbury Health System.
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, our people enjoy access to, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you'll seriously consider joining us, but if this role isn't a good fit for you, please share this opportunity with people in your personal networks.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!