Emergency Medical Assistants (x2) - Permanent - Whanganui
· 2 x Permanent opportunities available
· Supporting patient clinical care
As a member of our highly visible and well respected organisation the Emergency Medical Assistant will ensure professionalism and operational, clinical and driving excellence along with ensuring the highest level of patient care at all times.
The Emergency Medical Assistant's primary role is to work alongside a qualified Ambulance Officer, driving the ambulance, assisting them with the delivery of patient care (under supervision), ensuring operational readiness of vehicle and equipment and completion of relevant administrative tasks.
· Ideally hold a minimum of First Responder qualification
· Have a full NZ driving licence and either have held it for at least one year OR have completed an NZTA approved advanced driving course
· Have an excellent driving and operational record
· Be committed to on-going professional and personal development
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Have good physical fitness and the ability to manage your health and wellbeing in a shift work environment
· Have maintained your casual/volunteer commitment throughout your journey with St John
· Have a commitment to St John's core values - Do the right thing, Side by side, Straight up, Make it better, Open minds
Previous experience in healthcare/social care environment is highly desirable. This role could be your first step on a clinical career pathway which could take you on to further opportunities within Paramedicine.
If you are an enthusiastic team player with a strong desire to support those in our community we would love you to apply!
Please note: all appointments are subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including, but not limited to, drug testing, physical assessment and health check.
Applications close: Wednesday 7th November 2018
If you are interested in this position, please apply online here.
For more information please contact Jamie Butler, Territory Manager on 0800 STJOHN
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Haramai ngā tai o te āniwaniwa, he kāhui rangatira tēnei, he kāhui whakamana tāngata whaimahi, e te iti, e te rahi e.